A favorite classic Korean movie for many is My Sassy Girl. But it’s not just a fun romantic comedy. It’s a Korean romantic comedy! Here we take this movie and introduce subtle tidbits of Korean culture and society that you may not have noticed! Watch the movie and have some fun!
Korean culture topics in this video:
- In Korea, many people on the subways try not to sit in the priority seats. We talk about it in the video as well as in our post, “How to ride the Seoul Subway like a Local.”
- Helping the elderly is considered very important. In addition to this, here’s a few other ways to make a good impression in Korea.
- Guns are super illegal. Even the cops don’t carry guns with bullets. Instead, they got… baby powder?
- Most Korean people live with their parents until they get married. So even fully grown adults live with parents, and that is totally normal here in Korea.
- In addition to Korean style punishments via moms, we also go over Korean style punishments for innocent games with friends. These are mostly for kids and their kiddy games, but these physical punishments can be had by adults as well