Korean drinking culture can be very complicated to some people new to Korea. But drinking with others is more than just getting drunk, it’s about conveying respect! So if you’re going to be drinking in Korea, be sure to watch this video with all the dos and donts of Korean drinking culture!
Some basic rules:
1. Pour and receive drinks with two hands
2. Turn to the side when drinking.
3. Pour drinks for others, don’t pour drinks for yourself.
4. Try to take the first drink with everyone, together.
5. Don’t worry about being perfect with all the rules. As long as you show you’re making an effort, many Koreans will appreciate it
Keith Kim is a Korean-American living in Seoul, Korea. He likes espresso shots, photography art and he loves his Playstation 3. He started seoulistic.com as a hobby site, and is now in the process of turning it into a full-time business. Wish him luck! Check out his blog for an uncensored view on entrepreneurship, dating and life in Korea. Personal Blog: gyopokeith.com Facebook: facebook.com/gyopokeithkim Twitter: @gyopokeith Youtube: "Gyopokeith e-mail me anytime at: gyopokeith [at] gmail.com