If you’ve watched our video on Birthdays in Korea, you know that the birthday boy or girl usually pays for their friends.
Things can get kind of expensive if you’re popularity master. So to help you save some cash and have a good time, here are a few suggestions for having a blast on your birthday when in Korea!
Note: All services here require signing up for membership cards at the stores or on websites. That means 1) you need to know some Korean (or have a Korean friend to help). And 2) if you’re a foreigner, you need to sign up with your Korean Alien Registration Card. If you’re Korean, you probably don’t need this information
Sign up for a Happy Point Card here and you’ll get:
1. Dukin Donuts – Coupon for 1 free donut & 1 free coffee. You’ll also get a 20% discount on cakes. (But… who buys cakes for themselves?! )
2. Baskin Robbins – Free single regular scoop ice cream with purchase of a cake. Also, order a “Blaster” and get a free “Blaster” of the same kind.
3. Paris Baguette – 1 Free “Cloud Like Double Cream Bread” (geez, what a name!) and 10% off cake purchases.
Note: Coupons are mailed or can be printed out from happypointcard.com.
Sign up for a CJ Card and you’ll get a bunch of stuff. But here are a few highlights:
1. Restaurants – 10,000 won discount at any VIPS, China Factory, Seafood Ocean
2. Olive Young – 3,000 won discount with any purchase over 20,000 won.
3. CGV – Free popcorn and drink.
Note: Coupons are mailed or can be printed out from cjonecard.com.
Register at these sites for other birthday discounts:
Starbucks - Free tall drink of your choice
Outback Steakhouse – choose between free glass of wine or free appetizer
Mr. Pizza – Get 20% off your purchase
Missha – 10,000 won off any purchase over 30,000 won
Signing up for all of these can be a pain in the butt, but if you’ve got a favorite sign up and claim your birthday goods!